The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has released updated... Read More
Successful preparation and defence of complex automatic unfair dismissal claim (whistleblowing) including reconsideration and appeal applications from the claimant, and a successful award of costs in favour of our employer client.
Higher Education – successful defence of a whistleblowing claim worth circa £110,000 from a former employee with health and safety responsibilities at full Tribunal.
Strategic advice on site closure of a care setting and associated collective consultation obligations.
Advising a large College in relation to collective bargaining rights of recognised unions and statutory recognition procedures, practical and pragmatic advice secured agreed changes to procedures within the scope of existing recognition agreement.
What people say about Charlotte
- “Charlotte McBride provides clear, helpful advice and is a joy to work with” –(Legal 500 2023)
- “Charlotte is always attentive, quick to respond and delivers exactly what we require.” –(Chambers UK Legal Guide 2023)
- “Charlotte has a comprehensive knowledge both of the law and of the business and commercial outlook.” –(Chambers UK Legal Guide 2023)
- “Charlotte McBride continues to be a highly active up and comer.” –(Legal 500 2023)
- “Charlotte McBride is invaluable and incredibly helpful, credible and effective”. –(Legal 500 2023)
- “extremely knowledgeable and fast-working” – (Legal 500)
- “excellent communication skills” – (Client)
- “ability to adapt to a wide range of scenarios” – (Long-standing client)
- “handled matters extremely efficiently and professionally, whilst remaining approachable and understanding”- (Client)
Outside of work
Charlotte enjoys spending time with her husband and young daughter, caravanning and exploring the beautiful Northumberland coast and relaxing with reading and a spot of yoga when there’s a spare moment in a day!