The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has released updated... Read More
- Allen v Amalgamated Construction Co Ltd  ICR 436, ECJ case C-234/98 – TUPE case regarding inter-group transfers at Employment Tribunal, EAT and European Court of Justice.
- UK Coal Mining Ltd v National Union of Mineworkers and British Association of Colliery Management EAT 2007 – landmark case regarding collective redundancy consultation and site closures.
- Former Chief Executive of large business – unfair dismissal claim – achieving maximum award at full Tribunal hearing in 2021.
What people say about Paul
- “Paul McGowan is superb. His legal knowledge is exceptional. His commercial sense is also spot on.” –(Legal 500 2023)
- “Paul has an engaging yet responsive manner with his clients. He is diligent, intelligent and on the money with his advice” –(Legal 500 2023)
- “Paul is knowledgeable, approachable and commercial. He provides robust advice in an accessible way on even the most complex of matters.” –(Chambers UK Legal Guide 2023)
- “He has vast experience which he can draw on in complex situations.” –(Chambers UK Legal Guide 2023)
- “Paul is highly knowledgeable, and offers practical and detailed advice with excellent quality service.” –(Chambers UK Legal Guide 2023)
- “Practice head Paul McGown is ‘incredibly knowledgeable’, particularly on TUPE and whistleblowing issues” -(Legal 500 2023)
- “Paul McGowan has an ability to get to the heart of matters clearly and provide concise, tailored advice.” –(Legal 500 2023)
- “Paul is an exceptional employment lawyer with an amazing knowledge of employment law.” – (Chambers and Partners 2022)
- “Paul McGowan is an outstanding employment lawyer on every level. He has been attentive, knowledgeable and spot on with this employment/HR advice to our firm these past 12 months” – (Legal 500 2022)
- “He is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and has a gift for making complex issues easy to understand” – (Chambers and Partners)
- “Strong business acumen coupled with outstanding technical expertise.” – (Chambers and Partners)
- “Managing partner and ‘excellent and vastly experienced’ team head Paul McGowan advised an employer, a director and a connected independent self-employed contractor on breach of contract matters, fiduciary duties and related litigation.” – (Legal 500)
- “Paul McGowan is recognised and praised for his in-depth knowledge of employment law, particularly in the areas of TUPE and whistle-blowing…. he is described by clients as “experienced, unbelievably knowledgeable on a wide range of topics, calm in a crisis and totally dependable.” – (Chambers and Partners)
- “Paul McGowan is singled out for his ‘drive and business acumen’, which inspires loyalty and respect from his clients.”- (Legal 500)
Outside of work
Paul enjoys spending time with his family including his 3 active boys and sheepdog and when time allows skiing and playing average golf .…