Jane is a Partner within the Collingwood Legal team. She has dedicated her professional career to specialising in employment law for over 10 years.
Jane has been part of the team since the firms inception in 2010 and has played a key role in the growth of the firm. Jane’s strength rests in her natural ability to build strong and enduring relationships with her clients and in her determination and ability to take strong and decisive action in order to achieve the best result for her client.
Jane is recognised as a Rising Star in the Legal 500 UK rankings.
Examples of Jane’s experience includes:
- Providing prompt and practical advice to employer clients on a day to day basis on a broad range of HR and employment law issues.
- Providing strategic, practical and tactical advice to employers in managing complex and potentially risky internal grievance, disciplinary and performance processes.
- Assisting employers in having ‘protected conversations’ and/or ‘without prejudice’ discussions with employees in an effort to terminate employment including drafting Settlement Agreements.
- Successfully bringing and defending employment tribunal claims.
- Drafting reasonable and enforceable business protection clauses for employers including confidentiality and post termination restriction protection.
- Advising employers on redundancy and restructure processes including the application of individual and collective consultation obligations.
- Advising senior executives often in high profile roles on the terms of mutually agreeable business exit negotiations.
- Preparing and delivery training sessions to employer clients and their management on all areas of employment law.