The Employment Appeal Tribunal (“EAT”) has considered in the case... Read More
- Advising a clothing manufacturer in relation to the liquidation of a national retailer and the consequential TUPE implications of outsourcing commercial contracts involving a multi-party action with significant financial liabilities for claims totalling in excess of £1 million – successfully defending that action on behalf of our client.
- Successful prosecution of a sex discrimination claim for a senior female executive resulting in an award of damages in the region of £250,000.
- Successful prosecution of unfair dismissal claim for a teacher in the senior management team resulting in a maximum award for unfair dismissal compensation.
- Successful prosecution of a claim of disability discrimination for a client with Motor Neurone Disease – securing a significant award of financial compensation for the client and a costs award against the claimant in excess of £30,000.
- Advising a client in the care sector on highly sensitive matters resulting in summary dismissal and criminal prosecution for gross misconduct and breach of professional standards relating to a number of care workers and managers.
- Co-ordinating and managing the strategic corporate integration of the workforces of 2 large facilities management companies post completion of a £200 million takeover. The legal advice covered collective consultation with trade union representatives and the election of employee representative committees and advising on complex TUPE and redundancy scenarios across a UK wide workforce. – with the outcome of not a single ET claim being made against the client.
Outside of work
Paul enjoys spending time with his family and his dog. Paul is an avid reader of literary fiction and a writer-composer member of the Performing Rights Society. Paul continues to maintain a lifelong passion for going to gigs, songwriting and playing music.